Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer fun...

I signed Rowan up for swimming lessons this summer. At first she was really afraid of the water and wouldn't even put her face in our tub, so I figured that if she saw other kids her age learning to brave the pool she would join in. We only have a couple more lessons to go, and she is having a blast. Her teacher is Brianne, and is always smiling and happy to see the 5 kids in her group. Rowan has a great time, and loves telling me how long she holds her breath under water (even though I know that 40 hundred minutes is a slight exaggeration) how she can now open her eyes under water and see the bottom of the pool and about all the fun games they play. It's amazing what a kid can learn in 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week, and it's only her 4th lesson! Good job, Rowan! Merrick is too small for lessons, but he has a good time climbing tables, smacking me with floaty pool noodles or giving me a workout by making a mad dash around the pool. He'll definately be swimming next summer!

No comments:

The little ones...

The little ones...
Rowan and Merrick