Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Official...My daughter is a vandal.

I don't know if this is one of those, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" scenarios, but c'mon, she's 5!! I know that I mentioned a while ago about the certain neighbors that we have that their son loves to come around at 7:30 in the morning to see if Rowan can play..... Well, last Thursday, Rowan went to play at our good neighbors house, next door. It got late, they told her to go home, so instead of coming home and telling us that she was going to ask Paul to play, she just went over there. So the whole time I'm thinking she is at our good neighbors. Next thing I know, our awesome cop neighbor is knocking on my door, and Rowan is looking guilty to say the least. I answer the door, and he procedes to tell me that Rowan, Paul and Dima, were at a vacant house down the street, pulling out drip lines and breaking lightbulbs. Rowan tries to tell me, "I only broke one..." like it was an angelic thing to do in comparison, so I tell her, "One is like breaking 10..." So, she starts bawling and comes in and heads up to her room. I talk with our neighbor for another minute, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking "So now he thinks I'm a horrible parent because I don't know where my own kid is..." Needless to say, Rowan is officially banned from playing with the Russian kids. Two days later we are getting ready to leave to go to Vegas. I look down the street and lo and behold there is a cop parked in the driveway at the vacant house. Then I see a cop walk from Paul's house, back to his car at the vacant house. Panic sets in, and we're checking off all of our luggage so we can hightail it out of here. Luckily he drove away. Moral of the story, make sure you know where your kids are at all times, and/or, make sure that you are packed and ready to run from the cops!!

No comments:

The little ones...

The little ones...
Rowan and Merrick