Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lagoon and creatures from the deep.....

School's in and summer's almost over! :( We took Rowan to Lagoon for the first time this summer, and she rode the Colossus, which was hilarious! I wasn't feeling too great before we got there, so I sat out on a few rides, and her and Alex went alone, which was okay, because it was fun to see how she reacted to it all.
She told me that she knew I would throw up on that rollercoaster, which is funny, since I have never gotten queasy on rides before. She loved the log ride, because we all got drenched and I took her on Odysea very last. Okay, that ride, if you like to get drilled in the head with water, and soaked on half of your body, that ride is for you. It's all unassuming since it's a kid ride, but Rowan and I were drenched. We couldn't stop laughing! After we left, I asked her what her favorite part was. And, of course, it was the cotton candy. We also went to the Aquarium in Sandy after Rowan's first day of school. Aunt Tiffany, cousin Logan, Aunt Dee and Nana came with.
Merrick loved all the fish and pointed at everything and ooh'd and ahh'd, and laughed. They have a little area that you can touch different little critters and that was Rowan's favorite. I got to pet a stingray which was scary and cool all at the same time. I kept thinking it was going to target me and I would be one of the statistics with Steve Irwin. The jellyfish were also really cool, and so were the sharks and tropical fish. Makes me want to go scuba diving!

No comments:

The little ones...

The little ones...
Rowan and Merrick