Saturday, August 30, 2008

I can't believe you are already 6!!!!

Dear Rowan-
Hey bub! This has been a big year for you! Last summer you had to say goodbye to all of your preschool friends (Makayla, Madison and Miss Kari) so you could start Kindergarten! You made some great new friends, Victoria, JJ, CJ, Justin and Jacob and you excelled in all of the new things you learned at school. Reading, math, memorizing poems and songs like nobody's business! You got a black eye from your cousin Logan, who incidentally gave you a bloody nose on a separate occasion... You learned how to roller skate like a pro, in the house, no less, you learned all the lyrics to all of the songs in High School Musical 1 and 2, and I'll never forget you singing along to "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter every time we went anywhere in my car. I will also never forget when you drew all of the Spongebob characters for me, on separate pieces of paper and left them on my nightstand by my bed, not to mention all the other masterpieces you've created for me, or the look on your face last Christmas when you got 2 Baby Alive's, and especially when you saw that the boy one was anatomically correct! I knew that I was adamant about not dressing you in pink, but it's no surprise that it's now your favorite color and you look so cute in it! I admire your sense of adventure, your imagination, the stories you tell and the fact that you wear skirts when bug catching with your friends, who are all boys. You always seem to have the funniest things to say, or ways to say them, and no matter how much Aunt D tries to convince me, I still don't think you are ready for acting classes! You are such a good big sister to Merrick! You always help me make sure that he is safe and you are great about sharing your treats with him, even when I don't ask you to. I know that sometimes I can be a mean mommy when I give you time outs for backtalking, running out in the street without looking and your favorite, not listening, or worse, being grounded for breaking other people's lightbulbs. I'm just trying to do my best, and make sure you are safe. I know that we don't always agree on who should lead, who pushes the cart, who makes the chocolate milk or the fact that sometimes you have to go to bed, even if you aren't tired, but I know that we love each other and I'm so glad that you are my daughter! I love being your mom! I love you so much, Happy Birthday!
Love-
Mommy :)

No comments:

The little ones...

The little ones...
Rowan and Merrick