Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Totally random thoughts, by Mel...

About being a parent and kids tv...
Why is it, that the days that you wake up early, for no reason, the kids sleep in? Why is it that kids seem to only want to talk to me when I'm trying to talk on the phone? Why is it that every time I go shopping, Merrick develops Tourette's Syndrome, and as soon as we get to the back of the store, Rowan has to go potty, which is at the front of the store? Why is it that I can talk to the kids all day, but it's only the swear words that get repeated back to me? Why is it that when you're potty training a kid, they use too much toilet paper, but for some reason now, they decide it's just better to not use any at all? Why is it that kids can go outside for 30 seconds and get dirty? -- As for kids tv...No matter how you look at it, the shows "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "Teletubies" were made just for unemployed stoners, not for kids. Those shows really creep me out! Why is it that Goofy can talk, but Pluto can't? They are both dogs. Why is it that a pantless character like Donald Duck, wears a towel when he gets out of the shower/tub? Why does Swiper the Fox, from Dora, take her stuff, and throw it? Why doesn't he run off with it? He is the worst thief ever. When was the last time you told someone to not steal something 3 times, and they decided not to? If only it were that easy in real life (Swiper, nooo swiping!) Why is Caillou bald? He's really bald. He doesn't even have that little swirl line on his head that suggests he might have hair. I will never know what possessed Rowan to cut a chunk of her hair out on Sunday. I still think that some of the faces they put on the trains in Thomas the Tank Engine, are really scary. And lastly, I would love to thank the writers of shows like Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Odd Parents, and Catscratch, for including adult humor in their shows, because they know that parents are watching. I love Spongebob, and I don't care who knows. --- If anyone has anything to add to this, I would love to hear it!

No comments:

The little ones...

The little ones...
Rowan and Merrick