Thursday, April 30, 2009

Clean up on aisle 7.... x 100...

In April, Alex and I took the kids to the Children's Museum. Alex had never been, so it was fun for him, too. The kids had a great time playing in the helicopter, and the little grocery store. Merrick liked pushing the buttons on the cash register, and I'm sure that everyone loved hearing "clean-up on aisle 7" 100 or so times. On April 9th, Rowan lost another tooth, via self-extraction.She always freaks out




about the blood, but never fails to get them out. Maybe sometimes too soon! April 12th was Easter.The Easter bunny always brings waaay too much candy and encourages the kids to get up waaay too early. He must have some sort of evil pact with Santa. April 21st, I taught Rowan how to ride her bike. She practiced for hours and finally got it. I don't know how many times I heard "DON'T HOLD THE BACK OF MY SEAT!! I CAN DO IT!!!" Followed shortly by "MOM, WHY AREN'T YOU HELPING ME!!!" It was totally entertaining for me. She didn't appreciate being filmed or looked at in any sort of 'funny' fashion. She gave up about 10 times, about 30 seconds each time. There were probably 3 tip-overs, 75 times up and down the same sidewalk, and countless dirty looks directed at me. But, she did learn and I tried to not take the harsh words so personally. Now, she rides her bike whenever she can. Merrick is really into anything to do with spaceships or robots. He watched Toy Story until I thought the DVD would warp, and he's really into Zathura now. Robots and spaceships... perfect! He loves jumping on the bed, saying 'it's hard' or 'what doin' or 'hold me'. He's very stealthy, so I always have to make sure I can see him at all times, so he doesn't sneak out the front door, lock himself in the bathroom or get fingernail polish out of my dresser and dump it all over the quilt my grandma made for me over 25 years ago. Yes, those were all learning experiences for me. Rowan lost another tooth on May 22nd.But this time, we tied a piece of floss around her tooth, and let Merrick yank it out. It was hilarious! She was trying to tell him what to do and with one flick of the wrist, it was out, before she could finish relaying the instructions. The tooth was missing for a few minutes and then was found.

No comments:

The little ones...

The little ones...
Rowan and Merrick